Can You Buy The Higher Screen Res MacBook Pros From The Apple Store?

Reaction score
Hey, sometime in the next month I'm planning to pick up a 15" i7 MacBook Pro. Going to get everything base specs except I was wondering if you can get the $100 screen res upgrade in the store, or is that something I would have to order online for?

Also, just curious, I would prefer a 7200RPM 500GB harddrive instead of the 5400RPM one that comes stock, could I get that upgrade in store as well? If I can just do the screen res upgrade I'll do it in store, the hard drive wouldn't be a deal breaker, I'm just wondering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
I asked about that too when the mid 2009 models were out and they only carry the standard models and they don't upgrade in store, nut weird as it is, one employee suggested i build a mbp on the website and send it to the store. I don't know if they can do it.

But its just better to just go through apple.com

Edit: they will do hardrive and ram upgrades through the store cause i've seen people do that after purchase

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey, sometime in the next month I'm planning to pick up a 15" i7 MacBook Pro. Going to get everything base specs except I was wondering if you can get the $100 screen res upgrade in the store, or is that something I would have to order online for?

As DRMac advises, that upgrade is on line only. Some time back Apple stores did stock some machines with anti-glare. But as far as I'm aware they no longer keep them in stock. The overwhelming choice of consumers who purchase an Apple notebook is to buy the glossy screen model, so I suspect that's the reason.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Glossy MBP 2.66 GHz Core i7 8GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
Hello,

The Apple Store I visited before CTO my MBP would upgrade the RAM in store, however, they didn't have RAM in stock. They stock 17" MBP w/non-glare only in i5/i7 Config. They did have Hi-Res 15" in stock w/anti-glare and i7. If you want Glossy Hi-Res 15" i7, it has to be CTO. You can buy i5 15" Glossy w/Standard Res in store

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.