Restoring my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

I think i am going to be selling my macbook pro and was wondering what happens if i put it back to factory settings with regards to -
1) I have office 2008, can this be reinstalled and can i transfer it to the name of the person who buys it?
2) i have windows 7 on bootcamp, will this be affected and again can i transfer
this into the buyers name?
3) i have also bought a MacHeist bundle,if i restore will this wipe off the system and if so can i re-install it using the codes i have? again can this be transfered into the persons name ?

Then i have just got to figure out how much it is worth!

any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Mmachine78

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Rule of thumb when selling your machine:

1. Wipe the hard drive clean with your original install media. Reinstall OS X and included applications from that same media.

2. Any software you wish to transfer to the new owner you must: Give them the original media and activation codes. (Do not keep copies for yourself.) Transfer the license (if required by EULA)

3. With regard to placing a value on your Mac, go here.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.