Does your Mac screen have dead pixel(s)???

Reaction score
One - red. Top left quadrant. Been there since day one and I didn't take it back so my fault. Only time you can see it if you have a white background in that area. No biggie.

OP
P
Reaction score
I think you need 3 or 4 dead pixels to request a screen replacement :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
No dead pixels on mine.

Reaction score
I Have 60 dead pixels on the top Left hand side of my macbook and it is getting bigger each day.

i’ve had it for over a year:Grimmace:

Reaction score
I think you need 3 or 4 dead pixels to request a screen replacement :Grimmace:
I have one solitary dead pixel smack-dab in the centre of my screen and my local Apple Store have agreed to swap out the screen for me, due to the fact that I spoke to one of Apple's After-sales people (IIRC they were in a department called EMEIA) in Austin, Texas, who told me that I shouldn't have any dead pixels at all, especially as my iMac is a refurbished unit, which should have undergone stringent testing before being shipped and that he had processed repairs for screens with one dead pixel previously.

At first, the "Genius" at my local Apple Store did try to tell me that mine was a borderline case, but when I showed her the email from the above person, she spoke to her manager and they agreed to process the repair. :Cool:

All I have to do now is wait until I have some free time to take the iMac in to get the issue sorted and my local Apple Store have promised to turn around the repair in a maximum of 24 hours (again, prompted by the above person quoting this timescale in their email to me)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I had a few on my 08 mbp, they swapped the panel out without question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.