Please help with CSV file import?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have imported a CSV file succesfully to my address book:)

The problem I have is that it automatically puts it in the "ALL" directory, when I would like to put into a specific directory within the address book that i have created for those specific files.

How can I import it to a specific file please?? Not the All file.

Any help would be great..

David

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
"All Contacts" is just that... All Contacts. There is no way that I am aware of to keep a contact from appearing in All Contacts.

If you want a contact in a particular "Group", navigate to the contact and drag their name to the group you want them to be a member of.

I have not really investigated if there is a way to put it into the group you want during import or not, but even if so, it is still going to be in your 'All Contacts' group.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Thank you for the response.

Happy for them to appear in all contacts, but need to be seperated when emailing.
The reason is because the Data I am importing is Purchased.

I want to keep that list seperate from other lists I hold.

I could do it manually but there is over 1000 contacts :(

Thanks Bob

Nightmare
David

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Ok. after you import them, you will have a new group called 'Last Import'.

Select that group on the left side. You can then select them in the right pane and drag and drop all of those contacts in one fell swoop into the group you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.