Epson SX215 Driver Installation

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm running Tiger 10.4.11 and have bought a Epson SX215 All In One Printer Scanner Etc.

I used the Epson disc to install everything needed but still couldn't get the Mac to find the driver in Print Utility.

Speaking to Epson support they had me download the driver direct from their website and after successfully installing the driver Print Utility still could not find the driver.

In Print Utility the Mac finds the printer but not the driver, i cant use the pre installed drivers on the Mac as my model (SX215) is not listed.

Can anyone please help me find a way of selecting the driver i have installed? Its as though the Mac is hiding it somewhere as i know its there somewhere cos it successfully installs but doesn't give me the option of adding it.

Thanks for any help in advance

Raff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How, exactly are you trying to choose the driver? Sometimes (I have noticed this even with my HP) the driver shows up under a different name which can be confusing.

Normally the driver can be selected by going to System Preferences, Print & Fax. Highlight the printer, and then choose "Options and Supplies". Next, click on the driver tab. You may have to scroll down through a list of drivers to find it. And, as I stated above, it may not be apparent.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply. I've managed to solve the problem now and am in printing heaven now :)

Regards
Raff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.