Apple exchange policy? (mbp 17" for 15")

Reaction score
I have just received my first Apple, a Macbook Pro 17" with hi-res matte screen. Well, my first Apple was a IIc. I played Castle Wolfenstein and loved every minute of it.

Anyway, I am finding the 17" to be too big. Not only is the computer itself too big, but the font is quite small. I'd like to trade it in for the 15".

I have read on the Apple site that they charge a 10% restocking fee for returns. Does this fee also apply to exchanges? I tried to find this on the Apple site but could not find anything.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How long have you owned the 17" MBP? You have 14 days to return a machine to Apple. The 10% restocking fee may apply. Much depends on the manager of the particular Apple store you're dealing with. If you purchased on line, contact customer support. As far as exchanging the 17" for the 15", I don't know if that would incur a restocking fee. You'll have to ask Apple.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
I just got it in the mail today from the Apple store. I'll get in touch with customer service tomorrow and ask them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
If you live close to an apple store, its always best to test each size out before you buy to make sure you are comfortable with a certain model, i tried out the 17 at the store at my local mall and i knew from playing with it for afew minutes that it was just way too big to be a permanent replacement of my aging windoze laptop.

plus with the 15, the weight will be alot less and it won't strain when you carry it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.