Noob question

L

LateNightGT

Hey guys,

Hope you can help a former PC user. I have a promotional DVD that I use in my small business. I would like to burn copies using my powerbook. (It has the SuperDrive). I have tried saving the DVD to my Hard Drive then burning the files onto a DVD. Well all I get onto the DVD is you guessed it...The files. Is there anyway I can make copies of my DVD using only one DVD drive? On PC I used the Nero program and could make copies. Unfortunately those copies would not play on regular DVD players. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Welcome to the forums!

One way is to use Disk Utility (under Applications>>Utilities) to create a New Image from the DVD. Then you can mount that image to the desktop and use the same Disk Utility to burn that image to as many times as you want.

There are other utilities like Toast that can do it a little more simply... But that is the quickest way I know of without using third party apps .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if its a video, and it probably is, use mac the ripper to rip, then burn in toast in the data tab as a udf, or use another app, even disk utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.