iPad 3G Lines Across The Land

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
wow... actually when I go to lunch in a bit I was planning on snapping a couple of pictures at the Palo Alto Apple store (right down the street from me) I bet people hope his Steveness will make another appearance today too like he did for the WiFi launch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
My wife works a few stores down from an Apple store and today when I picked her up a little after 3:00PM (Arizona time) there were about 6 people lined up outside for the iPad 3G. As a comparison, the morning of the iPad wi-fi release there were 2 lines around the building (approx. 200 people).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
Best buy denied me a 3g

I am upset with my bb. I called last night...and guy in the know seemed to indicate "no problem"..that I could call in today and he would let me buy over the phone. I reconfirm with him, and made him tell me again.

Today I called at 3:30...and of course he wasn't there and another person apologized for him telling me that...but that they were still figuring it out...on how to sell the ones they had gotten. What a joke.

So, then, they get really stupid. I had a really busy schedule tis afternoon...simply wanted know two things...1) how many did they get and 2) how many were standing in line. Phone rep said, "sorry...that information is confidential". I said...WHAT????? She would not tell me how many were in the store. I tried to explain I just needed to know if I should try in the little time I had...no go.

But she still seemed optomistic that imshould come over there. So I called around 4:30 as I was racing over thee...called to ask if we could get a number and then come back later. "sorry...we gave out all of the numbers already".

Well that just really upsets me.

I stll went in and offered $20 bucks to the line of people with vouchers in their hand...no such luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
@lockerd

@lockerd Why didn't you just pre order one? I pre ordered mine the day I could and got it 9:46 AM yesterday....before the store release. I'm sure the hype will die down soon enough anyways to where you can just walk into a store and buy one. Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
@lokerd Why didn't you just pre order one? I pre ordered mine the day I could and got it 9:46 AM yesterday....before the store release. I'm sure the hype will die down soon enough anyways to where you can just walk into a store and buy one. Good luck

Good question.

1) I wasn't completely sure I would want one...then when I played with the Wifi...it was incredible...bought one as soon as I could. Now it needs to be returned...although I have been thinking about keeping two...they are so bloody useful. Reminds me of Picard on ST: TNG...which the tablet computers laying around all over the place. I kind of like that idea.

2) NORMALLY, I like Best Buy. I prefer buying there because of my Reward Zone points...I am always getting free bonuses. Also, although I can (and did for the wifi) pay out right for it, I might as well finance it for 18 months interest free...especially since I am bumping up in memory and adding a warranty.

Just called BB again...they are just not giving out much info on this as to when to expect their special fedex deliveries. Apple must be keeping them on a short leash. The only thing she told me is that she has plenty of Wifi models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
My local BB has all models, including 3G's sitting in the lock box for all to see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.