List of iPhone "killers".

Reaction score
The term iPhone "killer" has been tossed around more than a dodgeball at PE.
Being the topic of discussion at work, I decided to present a list of every phone that has come and gone and been labeled such.

My stance is that there was no true example of this, so like Tenacious D in "The Metal" I am going to make a list of all the devices that have summarily forgotten or marginalized, or even just not sold that well at all.

Anyone know of a list that is already in the wild?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It's a matter of personal opinion. I used to own an iPhone,I now use the Nexus One to me it's superior to the iPhone. I don't think there are any "Killers" out there. All smart phones do different things. I think the term "iPhone Killer" comes from uber fanboys of what ever phone is being sold at that time, Whether it be Blackberry, Windows Mobile,Android were really comparing Apples to Oranges here. RIM makes a solid device that sells very well, Comparing it to an iPhone or vise versa is ridiculous. Android the same thing. I do think Apple raised the bar with smartphones and got the other manufacturers to seriously up their game. Just look at the array of phones PDA' available today compared to 2007.

Reaction score
It's a matter of personal opinion. I used to own an iPhone,I now use the Nexus One to me it's superior to the iPhone. I don't think there are any "Killers" out there. All smart phones do different things. I think the term "iPhone Killer" comes from uber fanboys of what ever phone is being sold at that time, Whether it be Blackberry, Windows Mobile,Android were really comparing Apples to Oranges here. RIM makes a solid device that sells very well, Comparing it to an iPhone or vise versa is ridiculous. Android the same thing. I do think Apple raised the bar with smartphones and got the other manufacturers to seriously up their game. Just look at the array of phones PDA' available today compared to 2007.

Wow..I could not agree with you more. Very well written explanation on that.
*thumbs up*

and im NOT being saracastic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.