Network Document Scanner for Macs

Reaction score
Hey all. I've had a heck of a time trying to find a network document scanner for mac. Basically we want to be able to go to the scanner and send the document back to our own machine in pdf or jpg format. We need to be able to hook into our airport extreme and not an individual mac.

Any suggestions??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
HP Officejet Pro 8500 this does it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
How about using the Scan to Email feature on most MFU devices available today?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Are you looking for just a scanner?

If not I have used two all in ones - the HP Officejet 7200 and the Canon Pixma mx860 - both were able to scan and send it to the Mac. The Officejet jammed too much and finally the alignment wouldn't work so I went and got the Canon. That was a printing issue - so for scanning both did fine. They both also have document feeders for the scanner which is nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
any of those have double sided printing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Both the HP and Canon had auto duplexing for printing - wifi and ethernet connected. The HP also had bluetooth - I don't think the Canon does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Both the HP and Canon had auto duplexing for printing - wifi and ethernet connected. The HP also had bluetooth - I don't think the Canon does.

HP thermal inkjet.
Does that mean laser?

EDIT: no... I hate inkjet - I'll never get another inkjet printer as long as I live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah they are both inkjet which have their own issues. I do like the look of dye sublimation printers and we have one at work, but for the home office I just put up with inkjet.

Color laser also does look good - but the toner can get expensive ( not that $50/refill is all that cheap)

Plus most MFUs for home are inkjet so unfortunately the tradeoff was functionality vs type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.