Which Macbook Pro???

Reaction score
G'day... thinking of buying a Macbook pro, but i want to have a basic audio - music software set up whilst still maintaining the capability of efficient general usage (Browsing, Word proccessing, multimedia and the like) so im trying to figure out which Pro would be the ideal choice... whilst intending to spend as little money as possible and allowing for the mac not to go "out of date" too fast. Id be running Sibelius 6 and possibly Logic express. So would a 13" inch Macbook Pro with its core 2 duo processor be able to handle these requirements in the long run?... or would i need to look at the 15" Pro
i5/i7 processor models? any advice much appreciated. Cheers

Reaction score
I'd go for the 15" models, actually. Judging from the kind of power you need from your machine, the 13" is just not going to cut it at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Agree, you would need at least a 15" i5 to smoothly do all those tasks. And a RAM upgrade wouldn't hurt either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.