One year switching anniversary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06; 24" iMac 3.06; MBP 15 i7; 13" Macbook 2.4; 32gb iPodTouch; iMac G4; PowerMac G3&G4
It was one year ago this week that I completed my switch to Mac. In the beginning of April I bought my very first Mac, my Aluminum Macbook with 2.4ghz Duo, 4gb ram, 320HD. By the end of the month, I couldn't stand working on my Windows box at work and bought my 24inch iMac 3.06ghz Duo, 4gb ram, 1tb HD.

I switched after a year of consecutive crashes (some virus related, some due to poorly written programs and several Windows Update snafus) where I lost my desktop three times and burned through two new HP Pavilions in one year.

Since my switch:
Not one crash on either machine.
Not one kernel panic.
Not one reformat required.
Not one reinstallation of ANY software.
No data losses.
Not ONE SINGLE DAY of lost productivity.
No more screwing around with system settings (other than for fun - Candy Bar is great!)

It is great living in Mac world where I no longer am forced to think/repair the OS and/or hardware on a daily basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Good to hear u r having good experiences

Reaction score
nice, isn't it? I know some people resist making the change or are skeptical of the same, but ones who have moved are pretty happy with the switch... I wish Apple uses this as an advertising for their further sales.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Sweet! Mac rules, .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And that's exactly why people should switch to Mac. And to the Original poster. You should still invest in a portable ahrd drive for time machine or carbon copy cloner. You can never be to safe or secure. I've only ever had to use my TM backups once but for that one time you'll be glad you have it there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.