Can I upgrade from Mac OS X 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard

Reaction score
I would like to upgrade my Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) to Snow Leopard 10.6 and was wondering if this can be possible or do I still have to buy the Leopard Pac.

Help is well appreciated.

David

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would like to upgrade my Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) to Snow Leopard 10.6 and was wondering if this can be possible or do I still have to buy the Leopard Pac.

Help is well appreciated.

David

You have to tell us more about your computer. If it does not have an Intel Processor...then you cannot upgrade to Snow Leopard...OS 10.6.

If it does have an Intel processor...then yes you can upgrade to 10.6...and you do not have to purchase Leopard...OS 10.5.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Mods, if it is indeed 10.4.11 as the post indicates, the title is wrong. (10.1.11)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
I have the same question as David actually, and now that I know i can go from Tiger straight to Snow Leopard which is the best way to do that? Do i have to purchase the Macbox set?

Many thanks in advance

Tanya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have the same question as David actually, and now that I know i can go from Tiger straight to Snow Leopard which is the best way to do that? Do i have to purchase the Macbox set?

Many thanks in advance

Tanya

An excerpt from Apple’s Snow Leopard EULA can be found below.

"C. Leopard Upgrade Licenses. If you have purchased an Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited nonexclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer as long as that computer has a properly licensed copy of Mac OS X Leopard already installed on it. If you have purchased a Family Pack Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-branded computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household (as defined above), are used by persons who occupy that same household, and each such computer has a properly licensed copy of Mac OS X Leopard already installed on it. The Family Pack Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard License does not extend to business or commercial users."

So...yes you need to purchase the Mac box set

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.