macbook pro cooling pad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently I bought a macbook Pro 13 inch, its the first time I use an Apple and I love it.

Im recording and mixing a bit of music on the Macbook and I notice it gets hot after a while.
Soon I will use the Macbook to play music on a party and Im a little worried to bumb into heat problems.

Anyway, what I would like to know is what the best cooling pad solution is for the Macbook pro, as I understand most cooling pads are useless because the Macbook has no air holes/fans at the bottom.

So whats the best cooling solution?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Although it isn't directly drawing the air in - it still helps with keeping it cool. Plus it keeps the hot exhaust from blowing directly on your leg. I've seen my temperature drop a few degrees by using a chill pad. With the 13" there are plenty of pads out there that will work. I have been using the targus brand with very good results. Many of those have dual fans.
Cooling | by Targus

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.