OS X 10.6.3 and Web Browsers

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a brand new iMac (27 inch) with the core i5 and 4 gig of RAM. It is the first Mac I have had in 17 years and am experiencing some funny behaviour by this machine when on certain websites.

If I go to Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video (as an example), it sometimes loads and sometimes doesn't. I cannot pick when this occurs or not.

I first noticed this on Safari 4.0.5. I then downloaded the latest Google Chrome and Firefox and they all behave the same. I went to a Mac store and tried in on a 24 Inch iMac and it was the same. The genius at the store suggested to me that the website was incorrect. I was quite astounded that he could say this with a straight face as this works on many other operating systems (XP, Vista and Windows 7) and browsers (Firefox and IE).

Has anyone else had something similar happen with their systems? Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help,
Daniel.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All I can tell you is that the web site works fine here. I'm using Safari 4.05.

I haven't tried it from Windows 7 yet (IE 8) but will later on to check. It may be something local to your area that's causing it. Server, etc.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks Chscag,
I have my windows machine right next to the Mac (plugged into the same network) and it works fine. It also doesn't happen every time. It is sometimes it just won't load and no matter how many times I hit refresh, it just loads the header with the advertisement and not the rest of the website. Going to the forums also just produces a blank page at times.

All the best,
Daniel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Site loads fine in Safari, Chrome and Firefox ... tried it a couple of time.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.