uninstall VMWare and Win 7?

Reaction score
I'm currently running Windows 7 and VMWare. Is there any way to work backwards and use bootcamp? What I'd like to do is be able to switch back and forth between windows 7 and mac using the option at boot up. What steps do I have to take to uninstall VMWare and windows and basically start all over and just utilize bootcamp?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
JP

Reaction score
VMware just stores the entire build in a file generally in your Documents folder under the title Virtual Machines. Just delete that file and it will be gone then drag the application to the trash bin. Just be careful that you get the information off of it as once you delete it, it is gone.

As for bootcamp, print the instructions and follow them carefully. You could leave VMWare on the machine and access your bootcamp partition via vmware when booted in OSx. This is what I do. One last warning if you do this. Make sure that you are booted in Windows when you activate it. You will also have to activate it again via VMWare using the dial up method. You can do this three times before Microsoft will lock you down.

OP
K
Reaction score
Just so I understand correctly, deleting the "vitrual machines" folder deletes the entire windows build?

JP

VMware just stores the entire build in a file generally in your Documents folder under the title Virtual Machines. Just delete that file and it will be gone then drag the application to the trash bin. Just be careful that you get the information off of it as once you delete it, it is gone.

As for bootcamp, print the instructions and follow them carefully. You could leave VMWare on the machine and access your bootcamp partition via vmware when booted in OSx. This is what I do. One last warning if you do this. Make sure that you are booted in Windows when you activate it. You will also have to activate it again via VMWare using the dial up method. You can do this three times before Microsoft will lock you down.

Reaction score
Once you delete the virtual machine, you can keep Fusion on your machine. You don't need to uninstall it. Then install Windows via BC, and after that's completed and activated, use Fusion to create a VM from the BC partition.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.