Need help with unresponsive iPod touch screen

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to fix and unresponsive iPod touch screen?
Here's how it started...

I picked up my ipod around 2pm after charging it in the morning. It was in my purse with a bottle of water which I believe was tightly capped. The iPod would not respond to anything and would not turn on at all. I thought it had possibly died, and maybe I left an app running and didnt put it on hold or something, Idk. So, it wouldnt charge or turn on at all or restore for two weeks. Finally, today, I figure out how to get it to restore and I got it to turn on, sync all my data back onto it, and now, it will not respond to touch. The music player's next play and back buttons are flashing with the locked screen behind it. If I shake the ipod, it flashes white and makes a camera flash noise....(weird, I know) I can't unlock it, I can't really do anything with it and I was wondering if there were any way to fix it?

OP
S
Reaction score
correction:

Holding the hold button in an attempt to turn off the iPod just leads to continuous and repeated camera flashes. :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.