What does Apple Care Cover on the Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
Can someone give me a list that Apple Care protects on the Macbook Pro? Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can someone give me a list that Apple Care protects on the Macbook Pro? Thanks.

It's actually a pretty short list. Mainly & officially...Applecare covers manufacturing defects.

Unofficially members have reported lots of issues that they have had taken care of...but this is usually on a case by case basis...and sometimes up to the discretion of the Apple employees involved.

So I would mainly say Applecare covers manufacturing defects. But if you REALLY want to get all of the details...here you go...enjoy!;)

http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/cpuwarranty.pdf

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's actually a pretty short list. Mainly & officially...Applecare covers manufacturing defects.

Unofficially members have reported lots of issues that they have had taken care of...but this is usually on a case by case basis...and sometimes up to the discretion of the Apple employees involved.

So I would mainly say Applecare covers manufacturing defects. But if you REALLY want to get all of the details...here you go...enjoy!;)

http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/cpuwarranty.pdf

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Lol that was quite detailed. Is it possible to get Apple Care sometime down the road for a Macbook Pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Lol that was quite detailed. Is it possible to get Apple Care sometime down the road for a Macbook Pro?

Must be purchased before the one year Apple warranty expires. However, it's best to purchase Apple care as soon as you can. Reason? Because your free phone support expires after 90 days. With Apple care, you have phone support for the full warranty period = 3 years.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And does not and will not cover drops, fluid spills, cars running over etc.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does not cover worn out batteries...unless they are found to be defective.

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you think that Applecare is a must? For all the mac products I've owned, there has been no problems at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
It's really up to you. If you take care of it you should be fine. Also you may be able to add it to your household insurance. In Australia, mine is covered for everything and I mean EVERYTHING; accidental spills, crakced screens, lost/theft, hardware failures (but once again, not battery :( ) You should ring your insurance company and ask them what is covered if you have it insured. I've never purchased AppleCare and I've been fine. But I do take care of my Apple products. One golden rule: never have liquids near a Mac!

So yeah, give it a shot and ring your insurance company.

All the best,

-Ben

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you think that Applecare is a must? For all the mac products I've owned, there has been no problems at all.

If you purchase an Apple computer...you automatically get 12 months of warranty coverage...and like "chscag" mentioned earlier:

- if you want to purchase Applecare you need to do it before the initial 12 months expire.
- but if you want phone support for the entire period of time...purchasing Applecare before the fist 90 days is necessary.

It's really a personal decision. Very very few people actually have problems...but when you do, it's great to have the Applecare.

Just remember, Applecare has it's limitations (I think that you already read my link above)...Applecare does not cover accidental damage.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.