How Often Do They Re-Stock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
I just came back from the the Apple Store on 5th Ave and i reserved a iPad. Does ANYONE know how often they re-stock? Im debeting weather to order from MacMall or just wait. Does anyone know how often they re-stock in NYC?

Be Very Helpful! O:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Im debeting weather...

I think you mean to say..."debating whether"...not "debeting weather"!;)

As far as how often does an Apple Store in NYC restock?...how the heck are we supposed to know??? Call the NYC Apple Store that you reserved an iPad from and ask them.

- Nick

OP
Tactical Apple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
Lols thanks for the correction.

and because some people researved theres and the next day they got a email saying there in. So im just wondering if anyone can give me an estimate on how long it took.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
and because some people researved theres and the next day they got a email saying there in. So im just wondering if anyone can give me an estimate on how long it took.

If the folks at the NYC Apple Store can't tell you how often they restock...then it may be more of a random restocking process rather than a regular restocking process.

Also consider two other things:

- a store like a computer store that sells expensive items like computers...usually only stocks a certain number of each computer model. If they sell two Mac Pro's, they probably order two Mac Pros. In other words...they only order more computers when they sell computers.

- the iPad is a really hot/popular item at the moment. Apple may be having problems manufacturing enough iPads to meet demand. So even if the NYC Apple Store orders a bunch of iPads...they may not know when they will receive them...since there is more demand then there is supply.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
I was told by my local Apple store that they have been receiving shipments "daily" to keep up with the demand. They are doing this to keep inventory levels adequate, but not overstocked. Best Buy receives shipments once a week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.