What do you like about your iPad so far?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
Post your favorite thing about the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
It is the most fun electronic device I have owned since my Commodore 64 back in 1984.

Reaction score
It's function at your fingertips. Reading, fast e mails, quick surfing. It sits next to me on the couch, ready when I need it.

But if picking just one fave -- reading. It's the best e-reader I've used, hands down.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
That it looks like I'm actually going to get mine on Friday! :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Going to bed at night...

and having to decide whether I want to:

read a book,
a comic
or a magazine
listen to one of my audiobooks
watch one of my movies
or stream a movie
or catch up on Lost
maybe play a quick game of Mahjong tonight
do a quick check and see if there's a new spammer I can ban :Evil:
or maybe check my email one last time
before I doze off and

all from a hand held, decent sized screen, doesn't bother the wife, no heat device that easily fits on my night stand without having to clear it off first.

And yeah, I agree about the Commodore 64, only I sort of have that tied with my Mattel Intellivision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't have my iPad yet (hopefully by this Friday), but the reasons bob mentioned are EXACTLY why I'm looking forward to mine.

Also, I finally got around to checking it out yesterday in person and the screen is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait till I get mine! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Love it would have a very hard time going back to a MacBook .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
My favorite use so far is as a photo viewer, and as a photo memory card backup device for field trips. Although the HD capacity limits the latter function and probably wouldn't be adequate for a busy pro photographer, the 64gb Pad would cover me for quite a few days of shutterbugging. (I say 'would' because so far we only have the 16gb Pad, and technically it is my wife's, not mine heh heh).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
It's almost as fun as sex, and except for a occasional low battery warning, it never has a headache. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
and having to decide whether I want to:

read a book,
a comic
or a magazine
listen to one of my audiobooks
watch one of my movies
or stream a movie
or catch up on Lost
maybe play a quick game of Mahjong tonight
do a quick check and see if there's a new spammer I can ban :Evil:
or maybe check my email one last time

I want to quite this for a reason. All of those things can be done other ways but on the ipad it is:

About the same as a book but no tree is cut down for the book
Easier then sorting through a stack of comic books to find the one you want
No cassettes/dvds to sort through for the audio book
Don't have to load up my computer for the video or emails
And looks as fun as a DS for gaming.

My whole point is you can do all of that while in bed. And someome tell me the ipad is not amazing and I'll ignore you forever, cause it is totally amazing.

Reaction score
Sick

Been laid up with a nasty cold for a few days, and found th' iPad to be the perfect sicko's companion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
And someome tell me the ipad is not amazing and I'll ignore you forever, cause it is totally amazing.

It is definitely amazing.

I have had mine now three weeks. I have only used my laptop a couple of times since.

I have MUCH more freedom than I have ever had before to still be productive. I have been writing letters and reports, handling emails, doing internet research, much more efficiently.

In fact, I PREFER browsing the web on the ipad than a real computer because I can zoom in so much easier on text. I think that is where a lot of people miss this...the web is more fun on the pad than a laptop. For everything that I hated about a laptop, with the need to use a mouse, and being plugged in, with the ipad, there is no need nor desire to have a mouse.

Being able to move around a screen and zoom in on text is better than using a mouse with a laptop. With a laptop, the screen has to be pretty much at a perfect angle. The ipad can be at any angle.

1.5 lb ipad vs. 10 lb laptop and lap rest with mouse and power cord has just gotten to be just an albatross 7 days a week, hours on end in the evening working, etc.

The ipad is freedom to move about...get up and do things when I need to, take the pad with me...or leave it. I take it with me in the car for short trips to the store...wife goes in, I get to work on the pad...picking right up where I left off. Laptop...no WAY. Netbook? Perhaps...but nowhere near is clever and useful. iPad, instant on, no heat, hold it much more personal in my hands. Type just a quick...but quieter.

I use it in the classroom. I can move about the room. I can enter notes...much easier to keep up with stuff because it is easier to actually have it with me than a laptop or a desktop.

I know I still have to use my laptop (or other computers) occasionally...but I don't want to.

Drew -- www.drewloker.com/about.htm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.