Finally a mac owner!

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" i7, 4 GB RAM, 500GB HDD 7200 rpm, High Res/Anti-Glare screen
Hi everyone!

I just ordered my first mac ever - a 15" i7 MBP! I am very excited:D

After many years of living in the troublesome world of windows, I finally did what I`ve wanted to do for the last two years - hit the order button at apple.com:eek:

I`ll be using my MBP mainly for photo editing, some video editing and of course the usual web surfing. Maybe play a round of COD4 or Civ..

I travel a lot in my work, but chose the 15" due to the fact that this will also be my main computer at home, and of course for the high res screen and i7 processor.

I`ll be looking forward to reading this forum when I start using my mac (I`ve read it a lot BEFORE buing a mac too, of course..) Hopefully my post will be happy ones, and not full of unsolved problems :Oops:

Have a great day!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums! This is a great place to learn about your new Mac. Have fun and visit often.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats on the purchase and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Welcome and enjoy the forums! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Glad another person has seen the light. I look forward to the days when mac is the main computer brand!

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you!
Its good to know there are so many knowledgeable people to ask if I have questions!

I keep checking my order details, even though my machine isnt due for a month:Shouting:

Well, thats the way it is with a custom build and living in Norway...
Just hope the ash clouds will keep away so there isnt a delay on top of it all..:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Its good to know there are so many knowledgeable people to ask if I have questions!
Yep. And please put the question in the title. That helps others help you.

Welcome, and congratulations!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Sounds like a great spec - I'm envious - enjoy.

C

chas_m

Norway! I've been watching that HD train ride video from Norway! It's strangely fascinating :)

As for "photo editing and video editing" well frankly I don't think you could have possibly picked or even built a better laptop for that purpose. A terrific choice (and one I'm looking at as well!).

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds great!

Hi!

I`m glad to hear that you think that my MBP is well suited for what I`ll be using it for! As I`ve never owned a Mac before I`m a bit nervous, of course, to see how it will work for me - it cost me a substantial amount of cash ($3500 with todays currency = NOK 20500,-). Still, I`m like a kid at christmas eve, looking forward to my MBP arriving!

I`ll post a thread here when I`ve recieved it and used it for a bit.
Currently I`m using a Dell XPS 1530 with T9300 Core2Duo 2,5GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD 5400RPM and a Nvidia 9600 256MB vid card. It works all right with photoshop, bridge, lighroom and pinnacle stuido, but it is soooo slow boting up with all the windows cr"/#( :Shouting:, and it frequently freezes up when doing heavy stuff in CS3.

Besides, I`m just tired of windows and want a new shining toy...;D

As for the train video, I`m surprised that you have watched it, I thought it was a very "Norwegian" thing :D Actually I haven`t seen it myself, but it recieved a very good review - saying the same thing as you, it was strange, but somehow very cool... I`ll have to watch it..but it`s like 7 hrs or something? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Info here may be of interest while u r waiting.

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Collin!

I`ll be checking out those helping guides!

TBW

Reaction score
It's great, have fun with your mac ;)
I got my first macbook just 2,5 weeks ago, still can't get over my excitement xD

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! Congratulations on your new toy! I keep checking my delivery information, but it keeps insisting on the 25th of may... Well, when you`re waiting for something good, it`s worth it :)

You`re lucky to be playing with your mac already;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Congratulations! I switched just this past year, best computer purchase decision I've ever made. Works like a dream, never gives me problems and runs just as fast today as it did the day I got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your Mac. I switched just last month after years being a Windows user. Got an iMac for family and a Macbook pro for myself.

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds great Fios! Thats exactly what I hope will be the case for me too - no slow downs or freezes. (My PC just froze up on me while checking the forum...)
Maybe it can sense that I spend a lot of time searching for mac related stuff...:Evil:

Darkestsoul: Thats what my plan is too - to get an iMac for the office.....when I save enough money ;)

TBW

By the way - I just got an update from apple that says they have shipped my MBP! Whoooa!

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Vsharma, that is very good to hear!! Thank you :) This summer I`m going to be the wedding photographer for my sisters wedding, so I hope the mac works well. I`m guessing I`ll spend some hours in front of it for editing and such. I`m ordering lightroom for this kind of work, as I read that aperture had some performance issues. Too bad, because I like the idea of aperture integrating with iLife...

TBW

Reaction score
lol, did vsharma just completely copy chas m's entire sentence, word for word?

With that said, congratulations on the new purchase, you'll love it, no doubt.

It'll definitely take some time to learn about the OS and the ins and outs of the MacBook, but that's part of the fun--trying out something new and refreshing!

Have fun with it, because it'll be a big sigh of relief that you'll not be dealing with the headaches often caused by Windows.

OP
T

TBW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My MBP has left the building! (The Apple building in the Netherlands, that is)
It is in my country now :eek: in transit... cant wait! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.