Ipod Touch Restore Problem

Reaction score
I Need To Bring My Ipod Touch To Apple Because It's Having Problems. It's Jailbroken And I Know I Need To Restore It Before I Bring It To Apple. So That My Warranty Still Applies but Its Already 3.1.2 and I Dont Want To Upgrade To 3.1.3? If I Delete All My Apps On The Ipod Touch and Delete Cydian and Blackra1n is there any other way for apple to find out it is jailbroken? Or Is There Another Way To Do It?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13inch 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120GB HDD, iPhone 3g 3.1.3, iPod Touch 2g
Do you have the original 3.1.2 firmware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Yeah, just restore to the 3.1.2 original firmware. Go here:

iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

Then click the drop down bowx where it says iPhone/iPod touch/iPad, find your device (1G, 2G, or 3G iPod Touch) and click the 3.1.2 firmware. This will then download the .ipsw file. Then launch iTunes, click your iPod Touch. Where it says Restore, hold down the Option key and click Restore. Then you can browse to where you saved the .ipsw file and it will restore it to 3.1.2 the original firmware (unjailbroken).

But you will lose all of your Media and Apps on the iPod, so make sure you backup.

I don't think you will get much help on these forums if you need help with a jailbroken device as it is against US law. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS so I can write some basic little Apps in C++ instead of using Objective-C. And I need to use a program called DragonFireSDK and you need a jailbroken iPhone to test your Apps. The AppStore has a few games developed in this and approved by Apple.

Anyways, don't talk about Jailbreaking itself here. And support developers by paying for Apps!!

Regards,

-Ben

Reaction score
You actually don't need a jailbroken device to be able to use dragonfiresdk. I've been testing my app on my iphone that is not jailbroken using dragonfire and got my app published as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.