Core Audio/Midi problem

Reaction score
Long story, haven't used my Mac in several years, only used it for music, had to dismantle my music room and then I moved. Finally got it setup again and am having all kinds of problems with the system hanging, not quitting properly, have to power off to reboot. No Midi devices show in Audio/Midi, won't rescan. Tried my M-Audio Firewire 410 and M-Audio 2x2, neither show up as midi devices. But I don't suspect they're the problem because the Mac is hanging in different places, system preferences, audio/midi, etc... I try to start Cubase SX and it hangs on initializing Midi and gets an error "could not connect to Core Audio, you should restart your system". When I run Garageband it says it can't load Core Midi. I've run Macsweeper several times to no avail. I'm still running OSX 10.3.9 and don't want to upgrade everything at this point till after I finish a project, if I can even start it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.