file permissions

Reaction score
i have a load of image files. they where scanned at the photo store but the trouble is that when i copy them to my hard drive from the cd my mac (OS10.3.9) will not let me rename or change the label color. the file is not locked and i am the owner with read/write permissions. i used to have a app the would reset all the permissions of files in a folder to the same thing but i have lost it. dose any one know of a good free permissions app that could sort me out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is this problem a problem with the actual files or your computer being able to open them? did you try this cd on another mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If you select a folder and select File/Get Info you can change permissions and apply it to the contents of the folder.

You can apply the current permissions without changing it. Just click on "apply to enclosed items."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.