Account Conflict

Reaction score
Hey there, I recently had to create a new account on my Macbook due to my original administrators account not allowing me to install and/or update anything. I contacted Apple and the guy directed me to a new account and everything ran smoothly. The problem now is that my original account is still there solely because there are certain things I cannot access from my 2nd account. Pictures are the biggest one, they just show up as blanks on my new account. What can I do to get everything onto the new account so I can terminate the original one ? I've already visited the Access tabs and changed some but it still doesn't allow me to see them on the 2nd account. Any ideas ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Why don't you just log in to your old account and back up the files you need onto an external hard drive. Or you could put the files you need into the Shared folder, then access them through your new account.

OP
C
Reaction score
So just throw everything onto my EHD and transfer it that way ? Like even programs and stuff ? It shouldn't create two right ? It'll just ask if I want it replaced maybe ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.