iPad Screen Turned Green and Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Yesterday, my ipads screen got all green and fuzzy. As I was studying,, less than 30 minutes ago, the screen got really bad again. I booked a genius bar appointment as soon as I saw it. arghhh. Anyone else notice this? I have the wifi 32gb version. The screen looses all of it's colors, shows just green, and looks like fuzzy lines similar to a TV with horrible reception, but instead of it being white and black lines, its green and black. Why me??:Shouting: I am currently waiting at the apple store for my appointment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Wow no green here use it about 8 hours a day.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Update:
Got some good news and some bad news.
Good news: They replaced it right away…less than 1 minute!
Bad news: They said this has been a known problem throughout ipad the lineup :(

I was really hesitant to pick up another one for exchange, but I have already gotten so used to it. Plus, they said they had already written about my problem if it does happen again, so even if it happened again after the 30 day return policy, I could still return it and get my money back. I will definitely get apple care on this!

I know this might sound weird, but I think the problem might have something to do with the game SPARKLE HD. It all started when played that game for about 1 hour. I'm going to try the game again to see if it really is the cause of this problem. Though, that was the only game I have played for more than 15 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Maybe change the title of this thread to see what others haven issues,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
yikes!

Hmmm, not an issue that I've seen on the iPad discussion boards before but sounds pretty weird. Glad the Apple Store took care of it!

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Maybe change the title of this thread to see what others haven issues,

I would if I could. Maybe the mods can change change it to "iPad Green screen" or something. I would have made it fit more accordingly if I knew the problem was as common as they made it seem. I haven't even been successful in finding other people with the same problem when searching online!

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with the graphics chip connection, or something along those lines. Got this info after calling apple care. People have reported either blue, red, or green colors taking over the screen, along with horizontal/vertical lines, depending on orientation.

I also found some posts on Apples site if you search under "iPad" and type in either, "green," "blue," or "red screen"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Hummmm Ill
watch for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Yikes, this is the first I've heard of this.

At least they replaced it with no hassle.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Thanks BadApple! That looks EXACTLY the same, but just not on that game(since I don't have it). That is how it would look the first time the problem would look, but then it will progress to the black/green fuzzy lines. I commented back on macrumors too
Youn are welcome linked the other thread to here.

Reaction score
iPad screen turned green

Yesterday, my ipads screen got all green and fuzzy. As I was studying,, less than 30 minutes ago, the screen got really bad again. I booked a genius bar appointment as soon as I saw it. arghhh. Anyone else notice this? I have the wifi 32gb version. The screen looses all of it's colors, shows just green, and looks like fuzzy lines similar to a TV with horrible reception, but instead of it being white and black lines, its green and black. Why me??:Shouting: I am currently waiting at the apple store for my appointment.

This happened to my Ipad ,too, just this morning; and i just bought it yesterday. I will have to bring it back to the apple store tomorrow.

Reaction score
oh hi i just registed only to tell you that i would love to see a pic of that greenish ipad :p :p :p pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Reaction score

I had the same issue with my ipad ... they sad that it couuld of fell on gently on a carpet or table and some technical cable got loose to make it green and fuzzy... so they went ahead and switched out my ipad for another. They were pretty quick and as a bonus for a waiting for a little bit beyonce knowles was there. It was hectic there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.