ipod sync

Reaction score
hi
maybe a simple problem but its annoying me, a message keeps appearing: 'The Ipod cannot be synced. the required file cannot be found.'
any suggestions?
thanks paul

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, but the missing file message is till popping up and and not letting me sync:(
cheers
paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Try re-installing the latest version of iTunes if you haven't already...

OP
P
Reaction score
hi
yes reinstalled itunes, but messege is still there, i think it may need a reformat of my ipod...can i do that without losing all my music (and cash spent on it?) :Grimmace:
cheers
paul:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Yeah OK. Well you can download an application called DiskAid.

You can run the trial for 30 days I think, and it doesn't have any limitations on how many songs you can transfer. Then once you open it (with your iPod plugged in), click down the bottom on the drop-down box and click "Media Folder", then copy the whop Music folder to your Mac. It will copy over in weird named files. And the folders will be called "F1, F2, F3" etc, depending on how much music you have. THEN... drag all that music to your iTunes library and it will be named correctly.

Here it is anyway:

http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid

But I'm hoping you have an iPod Touch. Because I think it just works for iPhone and iPod Touch. But there are plenty of other programs out there that will also work with iPods if you don't have an iPod Touch. Just a simple Google search will have you on your way. :)

All the best,

-Ben

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks for the replys: sorted it now!!!:D deleted the 6000 pics i had synced with iphoto...it now works no probs...iphoto and ipod not compatible, interesting!
cheers
paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.