just bought a new powerbook!

B

BrianH

Hi everyone, just went to the apple store in Charlotte, NC which is about an hour and half of a drive and bought myself a new powerbook.
The machine is built extremely well and the people at the apple store were great.
1.5 ghz 12 inch screen, superdrive.
I'm typing on it right now, and to install my DSL all i did was plug in the ethernet cord, what a breeze.
I'm loving it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
woooooo!!!!!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Nice! I just picked me up a new 15" yesterday. I have a dual 2.5 G5 too and an ibook for another night. I sold it though and need to mail it off.

Reaction score
Congratulations! You'll enjoy it!

The keyboard on the 12" is full size right? [same as 15 and 17?] Is the only difference is that it is not backlit on the 12"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Correct you are Toyota.... Kind of a bummer.... I was thinking about picking up a 12"... I always liked showing that feature off on my other PB. Although the sheer cool factor of how small that PB is should more than make up for it.

Reaction score
sarahsboy18 said:
I always liked showing that feature off on my other PB. Although the sheer cool factor of how small that PB is should more than make up for it.
Truth. I love to turn the lights out when someone is over and have the backlight all the way up. It looks amazing to say the least.

But yes, the 12" should look real nice with it's size.

OP
B

BrianH

Yep, its a full sized keyboad and the 12" is very compact and feels great. No backlit keyboard though, but i know where my home keys are ;)

OP
S

SErgini0

the only reason i got the 15" was because of the backlit keyboeard. Else I would have bought the 12".

OP
B

BrianH

I feel no regrets for waiting for a new powerbook. Thanks for the advice to just go ahead and buy one and be happy. Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
congrats on that, you will enjoy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.