iPad 3G Shipping Notice???

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Has anyone actually gotten notice on shipment of their iPad 3G? Apple touched my credit card last week (still shows as pending charge) and from other posts here I expect delivery on Friday the 30th, but would be nice to see indication of actual movement of product. :|

Reaction score
i talked with an apple rep this morning and he told me that my order would ship on the 29th because i placed my order the day before the april 19th cut off to get it delivered on late april. so it looks like i wont be getting mine until next week and that sucks but a few extra days to wait wont kill me.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered mine on Mar 12th, so based on what you were told, mine should ship by the 29th at the latest.

Reaction score
So I ordered mine on 3/24....
Have not checked to see if the cc has been charged....
Does that mean I should get it on Friday 4/30?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
64GB WiFi+3G Ipad, 15" i7 MPB
Shipping???

Last word I got was last week by e-mail which said your Ipad will ship in late April. ano word since then. And i ordered mine on 3 April. So I guess it will be next week.
I am sending Apple much money as I also ordered a Macbook Pro 15 which because it was a "custom" will ship somewhere between 3 May and 6 May.
Waiting is a drag!

David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Not to complain too much but I was told specifically that if the iPad was pre-ordered "before the 19th cut off date" then you would receive it the same day it launched in the Apple stores. If this doesn't happen I might have to complain my way into a free accessory at least! =)

Reaction score
I ordered mine April 13. My credit card showed the pending charge on Sunday but hasn't been finalized yet.

Reaction score
Purchased mine on April 7, credit card still hasn't been billed...no shipping notification...beginning to wonder how in the world it will arrive on April 30.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Yeah I am starting to hope that it just ships by the 30th....Oh well.

Reaction score
No Shipping Notice Yet

My charge is also sitting as a pending item on my credit card. I would have thought if the item is to arrive by Friday then the shipment should have occured by now. I had a couple other items come from China and they shipped on a Friday (late) and I receieved the following Thursday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
I dont know how im going to get it on the 30th if it hasnt left china yet! >:-(

Reaction score
I just called apple online store and the guy I spoke to said that the ipad (purchased online April 7) would indeed ARRIVE TO ME on April 30. I questioned him saying "your telling me it will ship from China in the next 2 and a half days and get to me by Friday?" He assured me that was the case. Still no charge on my credit card either...we will see I guess.

(BTW I should have told him my card still hasn't been charged and asked it that was normal...it seems like it should have been by now.)

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm still holding out hope for a Friday delivery. A friend of mine recently ordered an iPod Nano and had it engraved for his wife. He commented that the tracking on the shipment originated in China and it was delivered to his door within 2 days of placing the order.

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope for a Friday delivery. A friend of mine recently ordered an iPod Nano and had it engraved for his wife. He commented that the tracking on the shipment originated in China and it was delivered to his door within 2 days of placing the order.

That is encouraging!

Reaction score
I dont know how im going to get it on the 30th if it hasnt left china yet! >:-(

I've seen a lot of discussion about whether the arrival of the iPad 3g is still accurate given the lack of shipment notice so far.

There is still hope though. I figure Apple is smart enough to pull together a supply chain approach where the iPad 3Gs are mass shipped to a regional warehouse/holding facility. It would be cheaper to ship that way, could be done over time to reduce risk, and can be very precise to coordinate arrival of all units on same day (I have an MBA in Global Operations Management, and this is how I would coordinate it). They could also do this over time in large batches to reduce risk of a single point of failure.

If done properly, this could create a day of travel for the device (Thursday) to a delivery facility, and a day to actually deliver (Friday). This approach can be tough to execute though, so if they are doing this and pull it off their supply chain EVP deserves a huge amount of recognition in my opinion.

Yes, I'm stoked to get the device. No, I'm not freaking out about it. Yes, I think they can get the units to everyone this Friday as long as shipment notices go out no later than by 8am Thu.

My two cents at least...

Reaction score

...and not to burst this bubble, but my iPad 10w charger shipped from China and took over a week to get here. I seriously doubt Apple will be mass overnighting iPads from China though. I also highly doubt iPad 3G shipments will be originating from China at this point to meet Friday's arrival...

Reaction score
iPad 3G delivery

This morning Apple advised me that I would be getting my iPad 3G this Friday, and that it was shipping via overnight from the US, not Shenzen, China. They explained that was the reason I have not yet seen a shipping notice.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This morning Apple advised me that I would be getting my iPad 3G this Friday, and that it was shipping via overnight from the US, not Shenzen, China. They explained that was the reason I have not yet seen a shipping notice.
:):):):)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No shipping notice here :(

Reaction score

Thanks for that info. Did they send you an email or did you call them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.