Windows 7 wireless keyboard issues with password

Reaction score
I recently installed Boot Camp and Windows 7 on my imac

everything was working great except the sound didnt play, so i installed the boot camp drivers on the Snow Leopard install disc

Now I have sound, but my wireless keyboard won't work at all

Normally I would try adding it through bluetooth in windows or something, but I can't even log into windows

I set up an admin password for windows 7 and since the keyboard wont work, i'm stuck

how do I resolve this

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have a Windows PC? If you do, borrow the wired keyboard from it. As long as it's USB it'll work with your iMac. If you can get in Windows 7, use the Boot Camp update from Control Panel and download/install Boot Camp 3.1. That should solve the wireless keyboard problem.

BTW, wireless keyboards are great - but always keep a wired backup around just in case. Same applies for the rodent. ;D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you updated to the latest version of Bootcamp within Windows?

OP
A
Reaction score
No wired keyboard here, just this wireless one

as far as the version of bootcamp, I just used whatever drivers that were on the Snow leopard disc. Id assume this is the latest version, as I just bought this mac a couple weeks ago

I'll look into borrowing a wired keyboard though. . .I get the feeling that If i can get past the login screen, I can probably resolve this issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not necessarily the latest drivers. Run Apple software update within windows to be sure.

I've only had my iMac for a few weeks and I had to get the Bootcamp update.

I've also had firewire updates for the keyboard in OSX so worth making sure your OSX software updater has all the available updates too.

I'm running W7 in bootcamp with issue after all those updates.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No wired keyboard here, just this wireless one

as far as the version of bootcamp, I just used whatever drivers that were on the Snow leopard disc. Id assume this is the latest version, as I just bought this mac a couple weeks ago

I'll look into borrowing a wired keyboard though. . .I get the feeling that If i can get past the login screen, I can probably resolve this issue

Refer to my first reply.... You are going to need a wired keyboard. The Boot Camp version 3.1 that I mentioned can be downloaded directly from Windows 7 by using the Boot Camp control panel. And by the way, that is the latest update for Boot Camp. Just be sure and download the correct version for your version of Windows 7. (either 32 bit or 64 bit)

Regards.

Reaction score

Hi saw your post and having sinilar problems with bootcamp and win 7.
Have got the wireless mouse working but wireless keyboard works when it feels like it.

To log into windows without a working keyboard, on the password screen click the icon in lower left corner and select the on screen keyboard and use you mouse to type on that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.