AOL with mac and PC

K

KAnne

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help..im confused!!

So, i have a PC that is currently connected to the Internet via AOL Broadband UK (I know!). I would like to share this connection with my imac G5 (Running OSX).
Ive tried unplugging the PC from the modem and plugging my mac in (the cable is USB and I do not have a router yet!) but the mac will not detect the connection. Do i need to install the modem driver and AOL on my mac? Or should the mac just automatically dectect the connection??

Id appreciate anyones help on this...Im kinda computer savvy but macs arent my thing!

Thankyou :)

OP
M

meatychi

KAnne said:
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help..im confused!!

So, i have a PC that is currently connected to the Internet via AOL Broadband UK (I know!). I would like to share this connection with my imac G5 (Running OSX).
Ive tried unplugging the PC from the modem and plugging my mac in (the cable is USB and I do not have a router yet!) but the mac will not detect the connection. Do i need to install the modem driver and AOL on my mac? Or should the mac just automatically dectect the connection??

Id appreciate anyones help on this...Im kinda computer savvy but macs arent my thing!

Thankyou :)

This sounds like my setup only I have got a router.

When will you be getting the router?

I never tried connecting the usb modem to my mac but try this ......

http://www.charitydays.net/support/adsl/mac_voyager_105_june2004.shtml

OP
K

KAnne

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...Ill have a go at that then..

Thanks for your help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.