2009 iMac Graphics Question

Reaction score
Ok, I've been searching around for a while now but I need a specific answer for my question so here it goes...
I bought a 2009 21.5" iMac this Nov with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card

now i know its not "meant" for gaming and I'm by no means a hardcore gamer, but I would like the opportunity to play games
now could I run games like BF Bad Company 2 when it comes out? or am I screwed?
and i know mac's are almost totally un-upgradable but there must be some way of boosting my graphics capabilities a little?

open to all answers unless you are going to bash my question hahah
thanks in advance

Reaction score
The NVIDIA 9400M which was fitted in the starter levels of 2009 iMacs is unfortunately not fit for demanding gaming. With core frequency of 450 MHz (Shader units 1100 MHz) and 16 unfified conveyers it supports OpenGL 2.1, HDR, NVIDIA® Hybrid SLI®, NVIDIA PowerMizer®, NVIDIA PureVideo.
All of this was cool at the time of the release and was a direct competitor for ATI Radeon HD3200 integrated chipset solutions, but unfortunately it was not enough to run max settings even on the titles of 2009.
BF Bad company 2 will most likely not run well on it on settings anywhere higher then medium, and you might have to scale the resolution down a bit to achieve normal fps even with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.