• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

wozniak talks about apple security

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
bargsbeer shared an article with me. +1 to him for finding the article.

Steve Wozniak On Apple Security, Employee Termination, and Gray Powell - Steve Wozniak - Gizmodo

And I've done a lot of digging on the net to find information about this article. Cause something just does not add up here. On the surface it look like this (in my opinion):

Steve Jobs has his principles and refuses to break them. And it seems if an Apple employee intentionally breaks the NDA, he will be fired but if it was a mistake you're ok. Even if the mistake is 100x bigger then the other intentional incident. Like I think Steve would mean "I trust you to work at Apple, and if you break it you're fired".

But also there is Woz. From what I know he's still on Apple's books. I don't know what Woz does for Apple these days mind you. Not much. So why fire someone for showing Woz an Apple product? Maybe Steve does not trust Woz anymore. I think Woz's "down to earth funny nice kinda bloke" is the reason. Steve might think he's able to keep a secret and if Woz blurts something out, Woz might think nothing of it but Steve would.

I really am not sure how to take this article. All I can say for certain is "show Apple pre-release products to Woz and you get fired".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Thanks. Something about this article is interesting maybe there is more to the story here than were reading.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Woz and his ipad. I thought it was revelant to the topic.

235227-steve_500.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
That's clearly a 3G iPad notice the black plastic strip on top.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Glad to hear the software engineer kept his job :). And I don't think the issue was showing Woz the iPad at all, I think it's just in general showing anybody, and Apple need to enforce it all around to make sure nobody shows anyone. One day it could just be an employee showing Woz, the next it could be an employee showing his "closest friend" or wife, and it getting leaked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5'' 3.2GHz i3 running 10.7.2
Reaction score
woz had to know that it was a iPad 3G and not just a Wifi one -- he could see the black strip on the top from the front side. Or did he not know the different between the wifi and 3G one? However, I'd have a hard time believing that he couldn't distinguish the wifi from 3G, especially being an apple employee and after "watching the videos about numbers" on Apple's website. Woz was probably watching his own *****...rightfully so. I'm afraid of Steve Jobs too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think Woz has anything to worry about, He was always the brains at Apple, Jobs was the salesman.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.