Acronis Equivalent for Mac

Reaction score
Anyone know of a program like this for a Mac? I'm wanting to partition/format an external drive. I'm kind of new to Macs. There are a couple of programs that I haven't been able to find with Mac support. Anyone know of a website that has an extensive programs for PCs and then lets you know what the Mac equivalent is? Thanks in advance for responding.

Ashley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Why not use Disk Utility to partition and format external hard drives? It is in buil;t with OS X. If that is not sufficient for your needs try Bombich software from this link:-

http://www.bombich.com/deprecated.html

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can format/partition an external drive using the Disk Utility program included with your Mac. Its found in the /Applications/Utilities section of your hard drive. This might be helpful Partition and Format a Drive in OS X

Some of the functions provided by the Acronis program can be accomplished with the Disk Utility program. For other functions a third party program such as Hard Drive Data Recovery Software, Repartition Mac, Recover Hard Drive Data & Files | Drive Genius 3 - MAC

I can't think of a list which matches PC software to Mac equivalents. Many PC programs have direct Mac versions such as Photoshop, Microsoft Office, etc. If you will let us know which programs you are interested in I am sure the brain trust here can come up with suggestions.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry, if this is true, it should have been obvious to me lol...

Would choosing the Master Boot option allow me to have full read/write access regardless of the platform I am on? Meaning, can I both access to view and change/add/delete files to the external hard drive regardless if I'm on on my Linux, Mac, or Windows machine if I choose that option?

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Why not use Disk Utility to partition and format external hard drives? It is in buil;t with OS X. If that is not sufficient for your needs try Bombich software from this link:-

Bombich.com: Bombich Software

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You use the MSDOS FAT option in Disk Utility. That is FAT32 and anything can read FAT32. The only issue with FAT32 is it has a single file limit of just under 4GB per file. For most people that should not be an issue at all as very few single files are that large.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.