Database auto-read folder items

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad core
Hoping I am in the right forum... I am a video producer/editor using Final Cut Studio on a Mac Pro. I often store large numbers of image, video and other files for future use, on hard drives using a docking station. I need to store their file names and other info on a database so I can search for them when required. Looking for suggestions to automatically store that information in a database file. That is, for the program to read the file names, (and preferably dates, sizes etc) in a given folder and store them in the tables. I am not frightened by a little programming, but a reasonably cheap database app which has this capability built in would be preferable.

Sorry if this is elementary knowledge but have searched the forum using lots of keywords without finding anything. Thanks in anticipation of any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Media Indexer looks like a very good solution, although it's a bit worrisome that it hasn't seen an update in 3 years now.

Here's a search I ran on VersionTracker for "disk catalog". Perhaps one of these will work out:
Search - VersionTracker

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.