Questions before buying macbook PRO

Reaction score
Hello all,

I plan on purchasing the new MBP 13" when the back to school promotion starts. As such, i have a few questions that i need answered:

1) Does the new MBP 13" support SATA II 3.0 gb/sec? I know that the older versions support 1.5gb/sec. The reason i am asking is because i plan on putting an SSD in it, and will adjust my SSD purchase accordingly, with respect to the SATA interface on the new MBP

2) How do i get OS X on the SSD? This is assuming i do not want to use the hard drive that comes with the macbook pro. I plan on purchasing an aftermarket SSD. Therefore, does the MBP come with an OS X installation CD? Or how would i go about this?

thanks

Reaction score
1. Yes.

2. Yes but you could always just use Carbon Copy or a similar program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
1) As long as it's a 2.5 inch laptop drive with an SATA connector then yes, it will work.

2) some people with SSDs from what i read will set up the mbp then clone the drive to the SSD using provided software and cables, but if you don't want to go that route i believe you can install it then format the SSD within the disk utilities through the snow leopard disc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.