airport extreme "connection failed"

Reaction score
i have a powermac g4 mirror door and have installed a airport extreme pci card.
it shows up in the taskbar at the top but with no signal, so i go to configure butonce i put in my wep password it comes up with "connection failed"

My wireless router is a thomson for o2 Broadband

please assist me on getting my wireless connection up an running

thanksssss in advance.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. To help we need a bit more info. You are on Tiger i guess and have you had the G4 connected with ethernet lead connected to the Thompson and been able to use the internet. When u installed the Airport Extreme Card did you plug in the Antenna Lead to the Card.

Click for full size

OP
S
Reaction score
hi thanks for that.....
everyting u have said id correct apart from that im running leopoard and i purchased a airport compatible pci card.
images below

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Let's get this straight - you are using a Mirror Door G4 running Leopard and using a Thompson TG 585 that is using WEP for the wireless?
Well the PCI card alone knocks me out of the running - someone else will need to comment on that.
However i would say that the Thompson freebie from O2 is a stripped down piece of junk IMO and it will be hard to change any settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.