Opening a wireless keyboard (A1016) - What size torx?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased a used Apple Wireless keyboard (Model A1016) off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need to open the casing to clean out the debris that's accumulated there.
I've already tried using a vacuum cleaner on the keyboard and while this has gotten out some of the debris, there's still a fair amount left inside the clear case.

Can anyone please tell me, what torx screwdriver bit I would need to use to open the case, please?

Many thanks. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you mean the white full sized plastic one, I just took one apart. T5 or T6. Can't remember. It's one of those.

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
Yep, that's the one I mean. :) Thanks for that info. :) Are they relatively easy to put back together or a total PITA?

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
The screwdrivers arrived today and indeed, it was a T5 torx that was required.
I just had to take out 8 screws - 5 in the battery compartment and 3 on the underside of the casing and the keyboard came apart without issues. :)

Total time to disassemble, clean and reassemble: around 8 minutes. :)

Thanks again for your help, dtravis - It is greatly appreciated. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.