Itunes+USB devices in source list?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
Does anyone know of a way to get USB flash keys and USB-key style MP3 players to appear in the itunes source list?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Period? All brands etc, no scripts, puggins hacks anything?! That sucks.

You see, I have a usb mp3 player, I get music from Itunes by dragging to the finder or disk icon, but the player has a hidden "trashes" folder on it, that the files move to when trashed. So When you delete files from the player, Finder still thinks that the capacity on the disk is taken and I have to unhide the trashes folder to remove them. Annoying huh.

Thought I'd got round it by moving the files to another folder on desktop 1st instead of trash, but of course this just copies the files - for some reason cutting isn't an option?!...anyone know a way round this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iPods are the only mp3 players that work with iTunes.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about Folder Actions, do you know of one that would make a folder cut a file from it's location rather than copy, then I can just drag files off the usb mp3 player, without making stuff add to the hidden trashes folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.