MBP, Add a Mouse only?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB Ram, HD 500gb@5,400 RPM, 17" AG, NVIDA GF GT 330m/512MB
I'm thinking about buying a Logitech Performance Mouse MX, I want to keep using the MBP Keyboard. Does this make sense or should I add a key board along with the mouse? If I add a keyboard should I get an Apple so I can keep using the command/combination keys?
I will be using my MBP for web surfing and photo processing, I hoping to speed up my photo work, I'll be using Capture One and Aperture 3.

Thanks, Jerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
You won't need a keyboard unless you plan on hooking the laptop up to an external monitor. Otherwise, you should be able to use the mouse just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Yup a keyboard is just adding comfort to your workspace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I use a keyboard/external mouse combo with my PC laptop in "desk configuration"--works fine for me. Like J.Fo said, an external keyboard should only be necessary with an external monitor setup, or if the internal keyboard really sucks (which, of course, is not the case with the MBP ;)).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.