sleep or not to sleep?..mode, that is

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP & 24" iMac
Operation: Manuel Sleep Mode is now in progress.

External Apple display stays illuminated when the lid is closed. Closed lid and no sleep = drained battery. I don't mind putting my MBP in Sleep Mode manually, I guess I was just curious if any of you have experienced this or even heard of this happening?

If anything, I hear more of the opposite from users hooking up ext displays wanting a closed lid with no sleep. (eat your heart out ext display owners!)

Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Not quite sure what you are asking. Do you mean you close the lid but the computer stays on?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

You can not use an external monitor while your machine is in clamshell mode and operating on battery. You can only use clamshell mode while on AC main power.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.