PreferencePanes Folder

Reaction score
I don't have more the folder: /System/Library/PreferencePanes...
And I don't have the recovery DVD of MAC OS X 10.5
Can anyone send this full folder? =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What happened to it?? If I drag it out of the window, it brings along the green circle with '+' in it, meaning it will copy it. I can't move it to the Trash, or anywhere else.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I have deleted only the language packages...
And before it, its doesn't work more =/
I have let only the porguese in all...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The /Library/PreferencePanes folder is there for installation of those applications which install a Preference Pane under the "Other" heading. If it's missing or was accidentally deleted, you will not be able to install apps which need to place information there.

You can try to create another one: Navigate to System/Library/ and open its folder. Right click on an empty space and select new folder. Name the new folder PreferencesPanes. Note: You'll have to reinstall any apps that place information in the PreferencesPanes folder. You might also have to repair permissions.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
Are you sure you're looking under /System/Library/PreferencePanes and not /User/Library/PreferencePanes?

If you're looking under User, that folder will only appear if you've installed additional Preference Panes that don't come with OS X. Can you still open System Preferences and if so, does everything still work and show properly?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The "PreferencePanes" folder shows up under both the user and system, however, the additional preference panes installed by applications are usually installed under system. I have 7 preference panes listed under system but none under user. All show up as "other" when opening System Preferences.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I don't have more the folder: /System/Library/PreferencePanes...
And I don't have the recovery DVD of MAC OS X 10.5
Can anyone send this full folder? =(

My guess - if u download and install this it may well replace that folder.
I have 30 under system and 4 under user so as chscag says u will need to sort contents separately for 3rd party items.

OP
Z
Reaction score
My guess - if u download and install this it may well replace that folder.
I have 30 under system and 4 under user so as chscag says u will need to sort contents separately for 3rd party items.

:D Hey, thank U! Very Much, It's worked!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'd advise that you don't do that. Removing the languages may not save you that much space and could very likely cause you more problems down the road. For instance, take a quick look at this. It states that Monolingual may cause problems with Adobe products and Office and there may be many more. Now, those problems may be more evident when removing unneeded architectures but removing languages may also be problematic and not worth the trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.