• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Check out this Yahoo Finance article on APPLE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) True

2) If that was true no one would be using anything made by MS anymore.

3) Possibly true. Stock split city!

4) A fundamental misunderstanding of both Jobs and Apple as a whole.

5) Not really Apples problem. Sounds like someone has sour grapes against AT&T because Verizon didn't choose wisely. Sure Verizon has done well, but so has AT&T, in fact better than most expected.

6) It is a possibility, but someone is always going to be dominant in a market. Would Amazon or Google or MS be any better of choice? Consumers are fickle and Apple uses this to their advantage.

7) Agreed. When he kicks it, all bets are off the table.

Yea, a rather biased article, but what do you expect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
1) True

2) If that was true no one would be using anything n=by MS anymore.

3) Possibly true. Stock split city!

4) A fundamental misunderstanding of both Jobs and Apple as a whole.

5) Not really Apples problem. Sounds like someone has sour grapes against AT&T because Verizon didn't choose wisely. Sure Verizon has done well, but so has AT&T, in fact better than most expected.

6) It is a possibility, but someone is always going to be dominant in a market. Would Amazon or Google or MS be any better of choice? Consumers are fickle and Apple uses this to their advantage.

7) Agreed. When he kicks it, all bets are off the table.

Yea, a rather biased article, but what do you expect?

I don't have to write anything... you already put it perfectly into words for me. :)

And yes...that article was horribly biased. Oh and on number 1, yes of course Apple isn't perfect and has issue, and this is coming from someone who also very much believes that Windows does have it's place. But you know what, I've worked with the other option...and it's simply not as good...usually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
1. I agree sort of here. Sure Apple are not perfect. But I think their vision and how they do business is 2nd to none. Sure the products may not be perfect but if the rest just followed Apple approach then they'd all have some goos products too.

2. Agreed. But the public caused this not Apple. And 10 years is longer than most fads. The imac was a runaway hit and almost everything else from Apple since was a hit. Most other fads are lucky to last 1 year let alone 10. Will the Apple fever die down? Who knows.

3. Agree with baggss here 100%. Way to high for many investors to enter into Apple stock now. So a stock split would help a lot I think.

4. Look at sport, finance, polotics, anything you can think of. If anyone anywhere wins, more likely than not they will brag about it. And most way more then Steve Jobs does. If the next windows was a smash hit I'm sure Steve Ballmer would waddle onto the stage and do the penguin dance infront of all the investors. I say let the man be happy with the success he has achieved.

5. As soon as Apple are not happy with the deal they will pull the pin and find another carrier. Apple are with AT&T in the US still cause Apple knows they are getting the best deal for Apple. Plus what baggss said I agree.

6. Only if Apple become the monster they once tried to defeat. That is very possible. But if Apple are careful about things they should be ok.

7. Agreed 100%. Steve dies and the shares will tank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HAHA in the 1st sentence he states "Apple's good — but not that good. It's just that the competition is so bad"

I have to laugh at people saying other companies success, is ALWAYS due to the incompetence of other companies...

Why cant a company be good in what they do, and success is there due to hard work and great marketing

Cheers

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
HAHA in the 1st sentence he states "Apple's good — but not that good. It's just that the competition is so bad"

I have to laugh at people saying other companies success, is ALWAYS due to the incompetence of other companies...

Why cant a company be good in what they do, and success is there due to hard work and great marketing

Cheers

EXACTLY, TattooedMac! That's exactly what I was thinking!

Reaction score
I don't have to write anything... you already put it perfectly into words for me. :)

And yes...that article was horribly biased. Oh and on number 1, yes of course Apple isn't perfect and has issue, and this is coming from someone who also very much believes that Windows does have it's place. But you know what, I've worked with the other option...and it's simply not as good...usually.

For most apple users, they biased Windows much. Maybe apple shoule replace Windows. who care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Can't believe that article is on a finance site. Definitely lowers my opinion of yahoo finance, though it wasn't very high to begin with.

I do agree with one thing though that has always been a concern of mine when thinking of purchasing Apple: and that's Job's personal impact on the company as a whole. He won't be around forever and whenever he goes, one way or another, it's going to have a significant negative impact on the company. Such a large company shouldn't derive so much value from a single person, and they're being a little irresponsible for allowing it to continue.

I've always said that they need to try to start downplaying or shifting Jobs' personal direct impact on Apple's major moves and successes, regardless if it's true. If the perception is that all of Apple's success is due to one person, and that person goes, the company will crash in many ways regardless of how they actually perform without him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.