Macbook Coma remedy?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought a white macbook about 3 years ago on the apple store. The other day tried to open my computer and the screen remained black while there was 3 beep sound that continues going till you presses the power button off. I brought it to a near by mac store and the kind staff opened it for me, he switched the position of the RAM and it workes. alleluia!! then after 2 days i switched the computer and when i switched it on again. there was a black screen and the small white LED light was on. but i couldn't feel anything movement touching the macbook as if it was sleeping.

I am not sure what to do? My warranty has finished. and im not sure whether to go check the problem in my computer at a repair center which will cost around 600 hong kong dollars or just go by a replacement of RAM and see if it works?

Thanks so much and i really appreciate any advice!!

By: Depressed macbook fan!! hahah :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The three beeps you heard indicated a problem with the system memory. It could be that one of the modules came loose and the tech merely reseated it by switching them around.

The problem you're now having may not be the same. It won't hurt to try new memory modules but you may wind up spending money on the memory for naught. It may be better to take it on in to an Apple repair shop and get an estimate before authorizing any work on it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.