1.83 macbook SLOOOOOW boot times and wont wake from sleep

Reaction score
Hi

My 1.83 ghz c2d macbook 2 g ram running 10.6.3 takes forever to boot up. Maybe a solid 5 minutes. It also shows the apple logo screen right at startup, then about 2 minutes later again before going to the blue screen and eventually showing the desktop. Computer also will not wake from sleep, ever. I have tried switching the hard drive out and the problem still persists. Any ideas ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Ok,

1) how much free hard drive space do you have
2) do you have loads of crap on your desktop/ loads of start-up items

It will always help if you download OnyX and run it (it clean the system and boosts performance).

Report back when you're done

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
If the OP has switched out the hard drive, presumably he did a fresh install of OS X on the new drive, so I wouldn't think Onyx would help per se...

But if it was just another HDD, then maybe that's why. Could be a ton of different things. Try running the Apple Hardware Test that comes on your system restore discs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.