HELP....over run by pop-ups!!

Reaction score
I am being over run by pop-ups .....but only here on Mac Forum. They refuse to "Click Off" and eventually can cover the screen on my iMac-24:(....and that's a lot of screen.

The are coming from words that are double-underlined in blue such as "computer" or "software" from a company named "Kontera".

They only occur here on Mac Forum...no other websites are involved.

And yes (!)....I have Checked On "Block Popups" in Safari.

Help please...or is this some "secret admin" device to stop me from reading the forum?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
try resetting safari and see if that helps:

click safari/reset safari and make sure that 'empty the cache' and 'remove all cookies' are selected. Everything else is up to you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Jellytoes:

Are you logged in the forum with your userid and password when you view posts? Or, are you just viewing as a guest? When viewing as a guest, you'll see the double underlined words (ads).

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Jellytoes:

Are you logged in the forum with your userid and password when you view posts? Or, are you just viewing as a guest? When viewing as a guest, you'll see the double underlined words (ads).

Regards.

Sorry.....I believe I was just viewing as a guest....I rarely login except to write.

I did the "Re=set Safari" and didn't see the popups when I opened a new window.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
That's weird to get them from here because I don't think I ever have gotten any from here even as a guest, I do get the occasional one that comes up but never from this site so hopefully that reset will last for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.