watching torrent files - new mac user

Reaction score
hi all, i am a new mac user (PC user for more than a decade), highly proficient on the PC but still finding my feet on the Mac.
i have downloaded some torrent files and I am unsure of how to use them on the mac. The TV show that I downloaded had a series of xvid rar files. What do I need to do to view these files on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hmm. We shouldn't answer this really, but, get unrarx and then open the last file in the sequence with it. If they are all in one folder it will unstuff as a series of xvid files.

OP
W
Reaction score
thanks so much i really appreciate your fast reply! :)
the only reason i resorted to torrent was because i cannot purchase this particular TV show ANYWHERE as I am based in Australia itunes will only let me access the aussie store and they are only selling it on itunes US. i looked at other sources to purchase and was unable too. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok. Just be aware that any discussion of pirated material is forbidden here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.