need help missing header files with gcc

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help me understand what is going on.
I have a macbook running tiger 10.5.8 and am using gcc v4.0.1. Right now I am trying to do some programming with raw sockets but when I compile it says some of the header files are not available ie.

Code:
 "netpacket/packet.h : No such file or directory"

I dont' know what to do as I've updated my xcode just an hour a go to see if that might have been the problem but it isn't. SO i was wondering if someone had any recommendations.

Right now I am trying to get gcc4.4.3 downloaded via "sudo port install gcc 423" any help would be great. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I won't pretent to the know the answer, but I did notice that searching Google shows that you are the first to ask about packet.h. It looks like OS X doesn't have that particular .h file, so it is likely a platform specific thing. Perhaps you want the socket.h file?

Apple seems to have a lot of possibilities. Perhaps some of the Apple docs will lead you to the right answer for your project; "Introduction to CFNetwork Programming Guide", "Setting Up Socket Streams", "OpenPlay and NetSprocket".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.