iPad won't mount in iTunes

Reaction score
i just bought a new 32GB iPad and 17" MBP with the i7 processor. i activated it on this computer, everything mounted ok. then i used the iPad with its intended use, now i tried to mount it back into the computer and its not showing up in iTunes.

i looked it up in Google, Apple.com, and some other forums and they said to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. i did that, the ipad mounted again. a day later, it won't mount again.

this is quite frustrating. anyone else having the same problems? is it an iTunes, iPad, or my MBP that is faulty? i can use all the help i can get. im about to leave to study abroad next week, so i need to sort this out soon.

thanks!

Reaction score
I believe you get 90 days of free phone support with purchase of the iPad. Did you check software update?

Reaction score
i just bought a new 32GB iPad and 17" MBP with the i7 processor. i activated it on this computer, everything mounted ok. then i used the iPad with its intended use, now i tried to mount it back into the computer and its not showing up in iTunes.

i looked it up in Google, Apple.com, and some other forums and they said to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. i did that, the ipad mounted again. a day later, it won't mount again.

this is quite frustrating. anyone else having the same problems? is it an iTunes, iPad, or my MBP that is faulty? i can use all the help i can get. im about to leave to study abroad next week, so i need to sort this out soon.

thanks!

Have you made sure that you have updated your iTunes to the very latest version? I had the same problem but not since I updated my iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I have to agree with the previous 2 posters.

Also, I have a MacBook and had this problem with my iPod Touch before. Turns out I was running into some bug with iTunes that when I haven't restarted my MacBook in a while (over a month) it just isn't very happy and doesn't see the iPod.

A quick reboot fixed that issue, but with the latest iTunes update that problem isn't there any more.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ditto with what MinaMACMan! I had the same problem with my second(after returning my first one), and restarting my mbp did the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.