Switching in T-Minus....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.
Getting my MBP early next week so stoked!
so what's the first things i should do photography wise?
best programs for editing.
And is they're anyway of getting my PC programs onto my Mac?
And do i have to re-sync my iPod?
cheeeeeeers,
p.s IM STOKED!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Getting my MBP early next week so stoked!

Congratulations!

so what's the first things i should do photography wise?

Aside from transfer your photos to the new computer? Not much I guess. Maybe check out iPhoto and get familiar with it. If you need something with a bit more power, Aperture 3 might do the trick.

best programs for editing.

Editing what? I'm assuming you still mean photos. If so, see above. Others might have suggestions for you as well.

And is they're anyway of getting my PC programs onto my Mac?

If you want to run Windows programs on a Mac, you will have to install a copy of Windows on it via Boot Camp (included) or a virtualization application such as VM Fusion or Parallels. Otherwise, it might be best to find equivalent software for the Mac if one does not already exist.

And do i have to re-sync my iPod?

I'm not entirely sure on this. You may have to reformat it for the Mac. The best thing to do would be to transfer your iTunes library from the PC to the Mac and then sync it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
MacWorld's latest issue deals with running Windows on a Mac. Pick one up while they're still available.

By the way, they recommend Windows anti-virus software!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Congratulations are in order! I just hope you get a real mbp(15"-17") and not the 13mbp…!! The new ones are real nice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Congrats man, you will love it I'm sure!

Photography wise I run Apple's Aperture (go try the 30-day trial out), its basically just like Adobe Lightroom 2.x but it integrates to OS X much more nicely.

Aperture lets you do some really lightweight editing (dust removal, cloning, rotate etc...) however, for the more serious stuff I use Adobe Photoshop. The elements version is also an option, as is G.I.M.P., although I don't know how to use them. All of those (except GIMP which is free anyway) are available to try out for 30-days from Adobes website.

Once again, congrats and welcome to the Apple family! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.